Sunday, January 2, 2011

It doesn't get much better than salted French butter

Meet my favorite friend for my Sunday toast. I grew up with salted butter and to me unsalted butter is not worth the calories...Yes, I am picky. So for the past 5 years, living in The Netherlands, I have skipped butter on my toast, until my husband and I found Amsterdam's best cheese store, literally around the corner form our apartment! This cheese store caters to all the top restaurants but the owners are so down to earth, so happy to go into the details of the taste difference between their all their goat cheeses, soft, hard, fungus infested, fresh, sour, creamy..I love them, I love their passion and knowledge. Back to the butter, they carry this butter along with some awesome wine, olives, brilliant chewy bread and micro brewery beer, yes you guested it I only go for those beers..picky indeed. Lucky for me my husband so totally accepts my pickiness, Hey, it gives him good food, drink and butter for his Sunday toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment