Sunday, January 2, 2011

CAT - Chicken Avocado Tomato


I can not get enough of avocado. To me its the best ingredients for any sandwich, salad, or other cold dish, warm avocado doesn't really do it for me, not sure why..

This sandwich is perfect when you have some left over chicken from a roast, or even if you have some left over chicken breast or leg. I also love to use smoked chicken breast for this as it brings that slightly smokey taste, almost making it BTL-ish, thus my in-genius name for this sandwich CAT.

All you need is
2 slices of good bread, I love mine toasted but it's not necessary at all.
1 tomato
1 tbsp mayo
1/2 avocado
salt & pepper

Toast your bread, or don't. Slice or rip[ your chicken to small pieces. Slice half the avocado into about 5 slices (too thick slices will make it difficult to eat). Slice your tomato, you need about 3 slices. Then assemble, adding salt & pepper and the mayo to both top and bottom bread slice. If you really want to go crazy, you can also add a little dijon mustard.


tip, if you have some salad, especially ruccula I recommend adding it as it brings another textural highlight to the eating experience.

yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment