Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuna Egg Sandwich




This sandwich was my attempt to re-create a sandwich from a french brasserie that my husband and I love to go to for Sunday brunch. I usually always order the salad Niçoise but this time, surprising my husband immensely, I went for the tune sandwich. I only made this drastic change in my order as I had been told by my sister, my foodie confidant, that this sandwich was divine, and so it was. 





 Sandwich for 2:

4 slices of toast-able bread
2 eggs, not soft boiled but also not hard boiled (5 min)
2 lettuce leaves - try to keep them whole, so they become a sort of "bowl" to place the tuna mix in
1 tsp capers
1 tinned tune in olive oil - sustainably (line pole) fished
salt & pepper
1/2 a small red onion - finely chopped
1,5-2 tbsp good quality mayonnaise (this is really crucial, don't use cheap-o stuff)
1 tsp dijon mustard
2-3 drops tabasco
1-2 drops worcester sauce
5 stalks of parsley - I didn't have this at home at the time but I will add it next time. Take the leaves off the stalks and chop to your preferred size.

  1. Boil the eggs & peel, slice them in half. 
  2. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Try to break all the large tuna chunks.
  3. Toast your bread slices. 
  4. Place the lettuce leaf "bowl" on each toast and fill with the tuna mix. Add the egg last and cover with the top toast. 
Done. Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment