Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chewy choco hazelnut cookie

Here is another less than heathy sweet recipe. I have tried and tested many "healthy" version of this cookie many times but for once I wanted my Hubby to actually like and want more of a real cookie. So this is my version of a real chocolate chip cookie:

To make 1 batch of cookies (amount of cookies depends on how big you make them):

125 gram chocolate (fair trade of course)
1 dl roasted hazelnuts (bio - of course)
75 gram room temp butter (i.e., soft)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla sugar
0,5 tsp baking powder
2 dl sugar (unbleached)
1 egg
2 dl oat flour
2 dl four (I used 1 dl whole wheat + 1 dl spelt)

Tip: add a pinch of cinnamon, it won't disappoint as it will hight-en the chocolate taste without taking over.

1. heat your oven to 175 C
2. chop the chocolate & nuts
3. mix the sugar & egg and vanilla sugar till white & fluffy
4. mix the rest of the dry ingredients and add the the egg mix
4. add the butter, chocolate and nuts. Mix.

Sadly I left my cookies in the oven too long, but if you keep an eye on them (8-12 min in the oven) they should come out crispy on the outside and soft & chewy in the middle.

You could always add peanut butter instead of the hazelnuts, or peacans, walnuts. You could use dark, light or white chocolate or just replace chocolate & nuts with dried coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment