Sunday, October 13, 2013

Perfect Sunday Tequila Bloody Mary

This recipe was inspired by a local brunch place here in Amsterdam, Little Collins. Only I added my own spin to it. 

The real trick here is to use good quality tomato juice, just like good tonic water can enhance a G&T so does the tomato juice for a BM. So does the quality of the liquor for that matter. I use a repasado tequila, for it's somewhat softer, rounder, deeper flavour. 


I recommended using a cocktail shaker to mix the ingredients.

Ingredients for 1 tall glass of Tequila BM: 
50ml tequila 
juice from 1/2 lime
squeeze of fresh lemon juice
pinch of salt & pepper
dash of worchester sauce
3-5 drops of tabasco sauce 
4 stalks of fresh coriander 
3-4 ice cubes

1. Chop the coriander
2. Add all the wet ingredients to the cocktail shaker. Then roll the ingredients instead of shaking, apparently the tomato juice does not fair well when shaken to harshly. Perhaps this is BS but it's worked for me so far so why go where it could go wrong. 
3. add the coriander to the shaker ingredients. Taste, add more lime, lemon or tabasco. Then serve up in a tall glass, with or without the ice cubes. I like the ice to keep the drink cold and a tiny watered down, as I hate warm tomato juice as it makes me feel like i am drinking tomato sauce. Besides, this drink never lasts long in my hands so it never gets the chance to become watery. 

Hopefully you enjoy this as much as I. 


No comments:

Post a Comment