Monday, July 8, 2013

Broccoli pesto


My sister first made me this broccoli pesto. I am a bit of a pesto maniac along with my sister and mother. This version is a lot creamier than regular basil pesto.

For this recipe, which serves 2 generous portions you will need:

1/2 broccoli head (steamed or cooked)
handful of fresh parsely
1 dl roasted pine nuts or walnuts or almonds or a mix of all three
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
pinch of sea salt
pepper
1/2 garlic clove
2 dl grated parmesan cheese






  1. Place all the ingedients in a blender and blend till smooth. You might need to add a splash of water to loosen up the mixture. 
  2. Add the pesto to your favorite pasta. 
Simple, quick and delicious. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh! It's been so long since I've had you visit The Spice Garden that I came looking for you! And here I find a wonderful new face on your blogging ventures! AND a wonderful recipe for a bright pesto! Win-win on my part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pesto is just the best! It's so creamy and light, we LOVE it! Thanks steph

    ReplyDelete