Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Trout salad with a coriander dressing


I love salads. I eat them almost 3/4ths of the year. I cannot get enough of them, rabbit food as my hubby calls it.

This was a fluke, I just used what I had at home and it turns out yummy! I had left over black beans but you could substitute them for put lentils or even quinoa.


Salad for 1:
150 gram smoked or pre cooked trout file
1/2 dl pre cooked beans, lentils or quinoa
3-4 cherry tomatoes
handful of mixed salad leaves

coriander dressing:
handful or coriander leaves
juice from 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp roasted pine nuts
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper


  1. Very easy, you simply assemble the salad: place all in a bowl and crumble the fish on-top. 
  2. For the dressing you place all the ingredients in a blender. Taste and add more seasoning if you need. 
  3. Drizzle the dressing over the top of the salad, mix and eat. Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment