Monday, October 29, 2012

Salmon Trout & roasted autumn veggies

This is as minimalist as I get. Stripped back and holding back on any sauces or additional spices. Here it's all about the clear flavors of each ingredient.


I have a thing for trout, its so simple to cook. It's not expensive and it has a very delicate taste and texture. The salmon trout has a slight salmon taste, which suits me just fine being a big salmon fan.

For this dish to serve 2 you need: 
2 Trout files
1 branch of cherry tomatoes
1 leek
1 fennel 
2 parsnips

  1. Pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees celsius. 
  2. Chop the veggies into the size you like them to be served, I wanted a chunky feeling so I kept the pieces large but you could also make them smaller. 
  3. Place the veg on baking paper on an oven tray. Roast for +/-30min. I didn't use any oil but you could drizzle a little olive oil over the top. 
  4. Once the veg is almost done, fry the trout on it's skin side in a little butter and oil, for approx 6-8min. 

No comments:

Post a Comment