Tuesday, December 28, 2010

So satisfying salmon & avocado sandwich



I happened to have some warm smoked salmon in my fridge along with some good chewy bread, a ripe avocado and a little ruccula, it wasn't very difficult to conjure up this delish sandwich.










For 1 sandwich
Salmon warm or cold smoked
Capers (as many as you deem enough I used about 10 per sandwich)
a squeeze of lemon juice
a grind of pepper
a pinch of salt
a small handful of ruccula leaves
1 tbsp mayonnaise
optional: drizzle of top quality extra virgin olive oil

I toasted the bread. Spread it with mayo. Crumbled the salmon and placed it on the bread. squeezed some lemon juice over the salmon and added the pepper. I sprinkled the capers over the salmon, added the ruccula atop. Then I sliced the avocado, sprinkled it with salt and added it on top of the ruccula. I added a tiny drizzle of good quality extra virgin olive oil, just cause I couldn't help myself, but really it's not needed. That's it, super simple, letting the good ingredients speak for themselves. My kind if food.




If that doesn't satisfy you I don't know what will.

Bon appetit.

1 comment:

  1. Looks and sounds so good stephie! Perfect after all that way to heavy christmas food.
    Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete