Monday, December 13, 2010

Best Sunday Bloody Mary

My dad makes a killer bloody mary. Last year when we were in New York I had a bloody mary with a twist at spotted pig, a must for who ever is planning a trip to the big apple. 2 weeks ago I had another mind blowing bloody mary in Chicago, at Shaw's, another must place if you go to the windy city. From all of these I have concocted my own best hang over Sunday Bloody Mary.


This is based on making 1 Sunday Bloody mary
2 dl Tomato juice (please opt for good quality, preferably bio, tomato juice)
2 tbsp Vodka per glass (more if you want it to be a stiff drink)
3 drops/squeezes of lemon (lime if you don't have lemon will work)
Fresh grounded pepper (a must but decide for yourself how much you want)
4-5 drops of maggi (if you dont have this magical substance then use some regular soy sauce)
3-4 drops Worchester sauce (this must not be skipped its quintessential)
2-5 drops of tabasco
2 green olives
2 small cocktail ghurkins
1 stalk of celery
For the most important and yummy bit - a couple fresh gratings of horseradish (canned or preserved will not do)

YUM!!!!

2 comments:

  1. When I opened Gordon in Chicago 1976 we had a uniquely delicious Bloody Mary. A MUST is to add to the blender Green Pepper...it give the drink a lovely vegetable fresh taste.
    Fresh horseradish is also a MUST.
    Tabasco is always used, but I prefer Hank's Hot Sauce.
    Another MUST is to try clear BMs.....you can probably strain tomato juice to get the red pulp out and leave the clear juice. Let the juice sit covered in the refrigerator with springs of fresh dill......add other stuff as you wish, but try it using just salt/pepper, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gordon! I love your tips, I will try your clear bloody mary and if it turns out well I will post it! Hope you enjoy the rest of my posts.

    ReplyDelete