Sunday, December 4, 2011

Best banana bread recipe so far...


Ok, so banana bread has always been and I think always will be a recipe I am trying to master. Somehow I have this imaginary idea of what this banana bread should look like, taste like, smell like. I even have an idea of the texture it should have..

So I have attempted many version of this dream banana bread and so far it always comes out either too moist or the banana flavor is lacking. To make it even harder on myself, I tend to prefer the idea of using oil instead of butter and agave syrup instead of sugar, just cause it's healthier in my mind and therefore I will be happier eating it.

I will admit, this version below is still lacking in texture as it is still a bit too soggy/moist but the banana flavor is very much there. 
Banana bread loaf

3 over ripe (brown) medium sized bananas
2 tsp baking powder
1 dl sunflower oil or other mild tasting cooking oil 
1 dl nuts (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, pecans)
1 1/3 dl agave syrup (find in health food stores) otherwise 2 dl unbleached sugar will do or honey.
1 tbsp flax seeds
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cardamon
pinch of salt
4 dl spelt flour (I think you might be able to use half whole wheat flour  and half spelt)
3 eggs


  1. Pre heat your oven, set it to 180 degrees Celsius
  2. Peel and place the banana's on a plate and mash with a fork. 
  3. Whisk the eggs and agave syrup till white and fluffy.
  4. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and add slowly to the eggs and sugar. Mix.
  5. Add the mashed bananas, nuts and seeds and oil, mix. 
  6. Place baking paper in you're cake pan or grease the pan with butter or oil and cover with bread crumbs or flour, so the cake doesn't stick to the pan. Pour the cake mix into the pan. 
  7. Bake in the middle of the oven for apporx 45-55min. Check the cake by poking a fork into the middle and if the fork comes out dry the cake is done if dough is left at the end of hte fork the cake needs more time in the oven. 



No comments:

Post a Comment