Saturday, February 19, 2011

Zesty gluten free olive oil cake

Here we go another total experiment. So far the batter tasted good and it looks like its doing well in the oven, so hopefully this will be a success. I have had something similar to this cake before and I love it for its grainy, oily, dense gratifying flavor. I really hope this turns out the way I am imagining it.

Here is what I used to make 1 loaf/cake:

6 baby/mini oranges (not nectarines or clementines...can't for the life of me find the name for them on internet)
2 dl olive oil
6 dates
2 dl polenta flour (corn flour)
1,5 dl almond flour (ground almonds till they become a powder)
pinch of salt
3 tsp baking powder
1,5 dl honey
2 tsp vanilla sugar
3 eggs

1. Mix the eggs with the honey, high speed till they get white & fluffy.
2. Set your oven to 180C.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients, bit by bit, so as to stop the fluffy egg mix from shrinking (it shrunk for me, so worst case your cake will be less fluffy, as with mine).
4. De-pit your dates, de- seed the tiny oranges and then place both into a blender along with the olive oil.  Blend.
5. Add a pinch of salt to the egg + dry ingredients mix along with the blended tiny orange, date oil. Mix.
6. Either butter a cake form or place some baking paper in your form and then pour in the batter.

7. This mix should bake for about 25-30min, check the middle with a fork, it should come out dry.



I have now tried the cake, it works, so go ahead, try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment