Monday, October 8, 2012

Holding on to summer, sardine salad

I made this salad in an attempt to bring back the feeling of summer. The sun was shining and if I closed my eyes I was back.

This is a very light salad that can be eaten as lunch or a side to accompany other dinner dishes. Other ingredients can be added to give it more fill, like chickpeas, steamed or raw carrot or red beets, walnuts or pine nuts. I always feel the need to add more to dishes so I was really pleased with this spartan salad.


This salad is made up of:
2 files of tinned sardine (I bought my sustainably fished with line poles)
4 bio radishes
1/3 of an avocado (only because I only had that amount otherwise I would have used more)
8-10 black olives (make sure to use good quality, or don't bother as these are mean to bring flavor which cheap tinned black olives won't)
handful of ruccula leaves
1 leaf of iceberg salad
drizzle of lemon juice
drizzle of extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
salt & pepper


  1. Take out a bowl, rip the ice berg into the plate. Add the ruccula. 
  2. Quarter or halve the radishes, depending on their size. Add to the top of the salad leaves. 
  3. Add the olives. 
  4. Place the sardines 

No comments:

Post a Comment