Monday, November 17, 2014

Breakfast glory baked oatmeal



I jumped on the band wagon of baked oat meal. I knew I would like it, turns out I love it. Its like pie for breakfast. Who won't like that?

The great thing with this recipe is you can change out the nuts for others (hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans, almonds) and you can change out the berries for apple, pear, banana. Even the spaces you can combine or exchange. I bet some lemon zest would be a great addition too.

Serves 4:

2 dl oats / spelt flakes or rye flakes
2 tbsp pumkin seeds
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp flax seeds
pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon or cardamon (or a mix of both)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
2 dl milk (I used rice milk)
1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 dl frozen berries
1 tbsp maple syrup or honey


  1. Heat your oven to 180C. 
  2. Mix all the dry ingredients. 
  3. Mix the wet ingredients.
  4. Grease an oven form (I used 20 cm round form)
  5. Pour the dry ingredients into the form, then pour over the wet. 
  6. Bake in the oven for approx 20-30 minutes. 


I enjoyed mine with goats yoghurt and a pear vanilla compote. If you want to be decadent serve it with fresh whipped cream and a drizzle of maple syrup. 









No comments:

Post a Comment