Saturday, November 12, 2011

Poor man's lunch

This is one of my favorite dinners or lunch recipes. I always have eggs at home and I always have rice and I almost always have frozen peas, so when I am down to my last dime this is the perfect dish.

For this dish I prefer to use brown rice as it adds a nutty flavor and leaves me feeling content more that white rice.

Poor mans lunch for 1
1 egg (biological of course)
1 dl brown rice
1/2 dl frozen peas (or fresh if you're that lucky)
sea weeds flakes or plain seaweed paper used for sushi
drizzle of olive oil
1,5 tsp roasted sesame seeds
drizzle of soy sauce
sprinkle of worcester sauce
salt & pepper



  1. Cook the rice as instructed on the pack. I usually always end up with the perfect rice if I use 1 dl rice and 1,5 dl water. 
  2. Drizzle some olive oil into a frying pan, heat the pan and crack the egg into the pan. Add a sprinkling of worcester sauce over the egg, and salt & pepper. 
  3. Add the frozen peas to the top of the rice, once you have 1min left of cooking time to the rice. They will defrost and cook from the steam of the rice. 
  4. Once the rice is done, mix with the peas, add sesame seeds and scoop into a bowl. Sprinkle the seaweed flakes on top (if you are using seaweed paper used for sushi, cut it into strips and mix into rice). 
  5. Add the fried egg and drizzle over some soy sauce. 
EAT & ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment